ADHS Archives

January 2010

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:01:24 -0500
I received a couple of questions from a journalist and had no answer.
Can anybody help?

1) why Canadian whiskey is so popular in pockets of the South -- in
parts of rural Arkansas, the drink of choice.
2) whether Southern loyalty to Kentucky and Tennessee whiskey is on
the decline (or has been for a long while).

Maybe my problem is that I haven't drunk Canadian whiskey, bourbon, or
Tennessee whiskey in many years.  I am under the impression that the
dark whiskies and rums have lost market share for a long time, so I
don't think that I'm unique.

--
David M. Fahey
Professor Emeritus of History