ADHS Archives

May 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Haldane Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 10:49:57 +1100
From:   NAME: Larissa Bamberry <BAMBERRYL@A1@COUNT>
To:     NAME: SMTP%"[log in to unmask] <SMTP%"[log in to unmask]"@MRGA
TE@COUNT>

Regarding your comments about German beer consumption, in Australia, Syntec
Economic Forecasters report that the growth rate fro the Malt and Beer industry
between 1986/87 and 1996/97 was -0.8% and they project a growth rate of -1.9%
up until 2004/05.  This contrasts greatly with projections for the wine
industry where actual growth rate of 5% has been recorded over the past 10
years and projections of 4.2% up until 2004/05 are forecast.

Foster's Brewing Group has identified Asia, in particular, China as a major
growth region for them, and seem to be focussing on increasing their market
share in countries such as Australia, Britain, Canada and America rather than
relying on an growth in the market in these countries.

I would appreciate it if you could give me a reference for the Beck's brewing
home page, and any other similar references as it would be very helpful for an
accounting assignment I'm currently doing on Foster's Brewing Group.

Thanks,

Larissa Bamberry