ADHS Archives

October 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim Hedges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:30:44 -0400
The political arm of the American temperance movement was/is the Prohibition
Party. The was formed by abolitionists and other reformers in 1869. It has
always encouraged women and Blacks to be equal participants with White
males. Blacks never played an important role in the Prohibition Party, but
women have. The first ballot-qualified female vice-presidential candidate
was Marie Brehm -- see the list of candidates on the website.
  I do not have email at home, and I find it more convenient to reply by
regular post. If you will email me your PO address and a list of questions,
I will get back to you in 2 or 3 weeks.
  Jim Hedges, Partisan Prohibition Historical Society