ADHS Archives

April 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jospeh Gabriel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 09:49:05 -0500
At 09:22 PM 4/4/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Sender:       Alcohol and Temperance History Group <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Scott Haine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Would you like to publish a small piece?
>
>Dear Joseph Gabriel,  I am the editor of the Social History of Alcohol
>Review.  Is your project part of a larger work?  Would you be interested in
>writing , for the review, a short piece on your work?   The five to ten page
>article could focus on one of the following areas: 1) bibliography and/or
>historiography of your subject 2) new sources and questions that previous
>students of drink and temperance have overlooked that you are now exploring.
> Does this sound interesting?  If so, just give me an email.  Best of luck
>with your work.

Dear Mr. Scott Haine:

Thank you for your invitation to submit a piece to your publication. I would
be very interested in doing so, but I feel I should tell you that I am not a
professional historian. To be honest, I am not sure if I think the level of
scholarship exhibited by my paper would match your criteria.

With that said, however, I would be very interested in communicating with
you more on the subject, and if you decide that it would be appropriate for
me to submit a piece to  your publication I would be more than happy to do so.

Cheers,

Joe Gabriel