ADHS Archives

January 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Malleck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:51:37 -0500
I will not comment upon Ms. Gliksman's last message, but I do agree that
providing some indication of the material she has read would be helpful.
It enable us to mention materials she has not seen, and possibly accelerate
the process of finding stuff she would deem useful.
It would also, incidentally, save people time, since the body of material
to which we could refer _is_ massive.
Most scholars are busy.

Dan Malleck

Dept of History
Queen's University

...if the truth be told, most historians work less like a scientist testing
a hypothesis than like a small boy fondling sea shells.
                Terry Parssinen, _Secret Passions, Secret Remedies_

He's so unhip, it's surprising his bum doesn't fall off.
                Zaphod Beeblebrox.