ADHS Archives

December 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Martin Platts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:51:43 -0500
Sounds a great idea though for me I cannot make it this time around. However
this does give me the opportunity in wishing all the members a very happy
new and hopefully prosperous new year to your families from the University
of Louisville wine program.
I must admit the topics coverede over the last year have been rather
excillerating Here is athought to go with:

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof  overhead
and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare
change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's
wealthy and a prime candidate to invite Martin to drink up your wine cellar.
If you woke up this morning with more health hand illness ... you are more
blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of
imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are
ahead of 500 million people in the world.
If you can attend a church meeting without fear
of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you
are more blessed than three billion people in the
world.
If your parents are still alive and still married ...
had dinner with Martin and Pauline, drunk from his wine cellar, you are very
rare human being,  even  in the
United States.
If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful
that Martin did not notice the corked wine you gave him for the holidays ...
you are truly blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
If you can hold Martin's hand, hug his wife, or even succeed in hogging the
limelight in his presence, you are truly blessed because you have gone where
no man has gone before....
If you can read this message, you just received a
double blessing in that Martin and Pauline are thinking of you, and what
wine you will allow me to drink from your cellar in your name, and
furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people who would
make Martin pay for the privilege.
In the world that cannot read at all.
Have a good day, count your blessings, and pass
this along to remind everyone else how blessed we
all are that we know Martin loves wine.
Martin