ADHS Archives

November 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"John A. Coroy II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:17:51 -0600
A timely subject. I read this last night so I thought I'd pass it on.

 During the American Revolution John Adams became so distressed by the
behavior of the American troops that he wrote to his wife Abigail,
"There is too much corruption, even in this infant age of our Republic.
Virtue is not in fashion. Vice in not infamous."

Taken from "John Adams" by; David McCullough - Simon & Schuster

John