ADHS Archives

August 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:06:46 -0400
RE: Announcing Buffalonian.com ("THE BUFFALONIAN") -It is your link to WNY
History!

Hi Guys,

I am proud to announce the unveiling of a major new historical website
called "The Buffalonian". The Buffalonian is a Buffalo based
(hosted/operated) online historical archive and online community dedicated
to Western New York History. We are located at:

http://www.buffalonian.com

This site is a non-profit project with the sole mission of publishing
Western New York's history on-line!

Our site is an independent, locally hosted and administered project. Made in
Buffalo, by Buffalonians, for Buffalonians. We are not a giant corporation
trying to scoop up web traffic. We have worked VERY hard on this project for
over nine months to make it a reality!

I am a lifelong resident of Buffalo and a local author, and I have assumed
the role of Executive Director of The Buffalonian. My first task is to let
everybody know about the site. My second, is to get support for the project
to keep it running.

This site for YOU, the people, to use and participate in its features, all
of which are provided FREE of charge.
I would like to ask all of you to visit our new site and, to participate in
developing a greater awareness of our history and heritage!

We want the whole world to share our history, to understand who we are and
where we have been.

I encourage all of you to contribute to this archive any Buffalo History
related stories, lore, photos etc. that you might have.
Volunteers are also needed.

This site is dedicated to the memory of my dad, Elwin (Ed) H. Powell.

Regards,

Steve Powell

Executive Director
The Buffalonian
http://www.buffalonian.com

P.S. Just let me know if you want to be removed from this message list and I
will take you off.