ADHS Archives

June 2010

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:25:32 -0400
Thanks,  Robin. If my memory hasn't failed me, the Good Templars in
Denmark allowed low-alcohol beer. Is there any significance to these
precise figures for alcohol by volume: 3.2 for a time in many places
in the USA and the lower ABV for various purposes in Sweden?  Or did
legislators take the numbers out of a hat?  David

PS: Time (May 24 2010) reports the trend to super-strong beer, a trend
led by the Scottish microbrewery BrewDog and the German brewer
Schorschbrau.  The Scots issued a beer 32 percent alcohol by volume,
six time as strong as Budweiser.  The Germans responded with one that
was 40% ABV, similar to vodka.  The Scots replied with a 41% beer,
The Germans answered with a 43% beer.