ADHS Archives

August 2006

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Courtwright, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:47:46 -0400
Ron,

OK, so why was 1979 a banner year? Coincidence? The fruits of the golden age of sociology and social history? Or maybe something to do with a long, steady rise in per capital alcohol consumption that (if my memory serves) didn't level off until sometime in the early 1980s?

I'm teaching a historiography seminar this semester and I have questions like this on the brain.

David T. Courtwright
John A. Delaney Presidential Professor
Dept. of History
University of North Florida