ALAS Archives

November 2007

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Flood, Michelle Nicole" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Flood, Michelle Nicole
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:09:52 -0500
Hey everybody!

Here are the events for my Sorority's Week!  Yay!  :) These events are open to the public so feel free to bring your friends!  For any girl that is interested in joining my sorority, please come to the event on Thursday.  The Thursday event is just to give you information, no commitments,  no worries, just pure information and a chance to meet all of the sisters.  Let me know if you're interested and you can't make it, I can send you information.  I've attached the official flyers for our week to this e-mail.  Please support the only Latina-based Multicultural sorority on campus...and the coolest ALAS president ;)

---Michelle Flood
President, Association of Latin and
American Students (ALAS).
Pi Gamma Chapter Founder and
Vice President of Recruitment for
Sigma Lambda Gamma Sorority

Events:

Monday November 12, 2007
"ABC's with SLG", Mini University on Western Campus, 3 pm
"A, B, C, D, E, F, G..."  Join us as we read to the cutest little toddlers at Mini University! This is your chance to give back to the youth of Oxford.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007
"Business Etiquette," CBCL Kreger Hall 29, 7:30pm
Need some interviewing tips?  Or any other advice concerning the business world?  Join us in a lesson of "Business Etiquette" presented by Michael Flood, Assistant Vice President of the Human Resources department and Dayan Peck, Assistant Vice President of the Financial Center department at Fifth Third Bank.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
"My Life as a Feminist Porn Activist" with Annie Sprinkle, Ph.D., Laws Hall 100, 7:00 pm
Prostitute/porn star turned sex guru/performance artist, Annie Sprinkle is coming! Annie has devoted the past 35 years to passionately researching and exploring sexuality, from the sacred to the profane. She has documented and shared her findings through explicit films, photography, and sexuality workshops. For the past decade she has toured her controversial one-woman theater shows internationally to great acclaim. Annie will share some of her life's work, do mini-performances, and stimulate discussion with the audience.

Thursday, November 15, 2007
Informational, Richard Hall 147, 6:30p.m
Would you like to know more about the only Latina-based, multi-cultural sorority on campus? Join us for an informational so you can get to know the Ladies of the PerseverinG Pi Gamma Chapter!

Game Night, Richard Hall Basement, 7:30pm
Final papers and projects getting to your head? Take some time out and chill with us! Battle it out with a Cranium tournament! Remember that you can still exercise your brain while having fun! Brain food will be provided, and the winning team gets a prize!

Friday, November 16, 2007
Film Festival!, Macmillan 114, 8pm
Interested in seeing some short movies? What about lesser known films acclaimed for their work? Well then join the Persevering Pi Gamma Chapter of Sigma Lambda Gamma in a night of art.

For information and upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas