CER Archives

December 2013

CER@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sonia Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sonia Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:24:50 -0500
Dear colleagues,

Do you conduct research on using technology to improve teaching and  learning of chemistry? Then this symposium invitation is for you.

My colleague, Nathaniel Grove, and I would like invite you submit an abstract to give a presentation at the International Conference on Chemistry Education (ICCE) on July 14-18th, 2014, in Toronto, Canada. Below are the details for the symposium and we hope to see you there! Abstracts can be submitted at http://www.icce2014.org/ and are due January 31st.

Use of Technology in Chemistry Education Research

The presence of technology in modern society is widespread and has had tremendous influence on nearly every facet of our lives. During the last decade, the role that technology plays in chemistry education instruction and research has become increasingly important. This symposium will focus on the innovative and unique ways that researchers are using technology in their work to better understand the teaching and learning of chemistry and highlight evidence-based technological reforms being implemented in the chemistry classroom.

Sincerely,

Sonia Miller Underwood, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Department of Chemistry