CER Archives

January 2012

CER@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Hunter, Willy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hunter, Willy
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2012 02:02:38 +0000
Stacey and others:

We are contemplating a tenure-track faculty search next year.  This search would not necessarily be for ChemEd, but would be for someone who was particularly interested in teaching multiple sections of non-majors (liberal arts) chemistry.  The person would have to develop a scholarly research agenda, and it certainly could be in any area of chemistry.  My impression is that there are not many candidates out there, even in the ChemEd community,  who would welcome 9 contact hour teaching load per semester [of which most would be in  non-majors (liberal arts) chemistry] while simultaneously conducting a moderately-vigorous (>1 peer-review publication per year) research program.

I would welcome comments from any readers about the availability of candidates over the next couple of years.  Please send your replies off-list if possible.

Regards,

Willy Hunter

William Hunter

Director, Center for Mathematics, Science, and Technology

Professor, Departments of Chemistry and Curriculum & Instruction

Campus Box 5960

210 W. Mulberry St.

Illinois State University

Normal, Illinois, USA

61790-5960

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>

309 438 3089 (o)

309 838 1777 (m)

309 438 5538 (fax)