CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:57:13 -0400
Good Day,

Agreed this reporting would be helpful.

We found a way to get some idea of how many residents fail a check (but not
a specific one) by enforcing rules, but modifying the default policies in
the Temp role to allow all traffic and disable any session time limit.

This way when they failed the check we could encourage them to do a windows
update, or whatever, but also allow them to ignore the message and go on
their way.

By periodically monitoring how many users are in the temp role, you can get
some measure of the failure rate.

A little crude, but helpful nonetheless.