CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Flagg, Martin D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:37:01 -0400
We are running PEAP/Leap using Cisco ACS although any Radius server
would work.  Once they have there PEAP/LEAP session we require CCA
certification.  I have been playing with the idea of dropping all
encryption and only using CCA.  I am thinking about doing this to make
the wireless more user-friendly and eliminate the double authentication
requirements.  All our wireless is in one subnet, Faculty/Staff have an
Attribute in Active Directory (synced with ACS) that makes CCA place
Faculty/staff under a different CCA policy set.  We also broadcast SIDS.
We have about AP in the Dorms with the defined goal of covering common
areas but we cover about 90+% of the rooms.

Maybe I have opened my self up for the Critics but this has worked so
far for us.

Martin D. Flagg
Network/Email Administrator