CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lanstein, Alex C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:41:31 -0500
We looked through our reports and found that it was often the same patch people were failing on.  Throughout the semester it happened on 10 or 15 patches.  Our solution was to grab the errored patches by hand, throw them in a batch script, and point the user to our "troubleshooting cca" page on a failure.  Here's what our page looks like:

http://helpdesk.conncoll.edu/cca/

Fixed the problem 99% of the time when the user followed the steps.  A previous poster talked about the bits fixer...this batch script fixes, again, 99% of windows update problems:

http://helpdesk.conncoll.edu/tools/windowsupdate.bat

Regards,

Alex Lanstein
Senior Software Engineer, Transitional Data Services
Help Desk/Network Junkie, Connecticut College
Chief Coffee Drinker, LBCCHosting
860-625-4277