CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Homer Manila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:21:11 -0400
I'm not seeing that fix as "simple", unfortunately, but that could just
be me. :)  Back-revving users' clients back to an older version seems a
bit involved, as it will require, at least what it seems to me, a lot
more user intervention than I'd like, what with the user having to
uninstall the newer client first.  We had no idea there was this caveat
when we upgraded to 4.0.2 last week and forced users to download the
newest client(at least I didn't see it in the list of open caveats), and
now with students about to pile in TOMORROW, development of directions
to install the older client, testing, or even creating new requirements
for the unenforced OSes, has now become an impossibility.  Any
suggestions?  What are people doing to re-force users to use the older
client, but have already pushed out the newest one?

I'm going to open a TAC right now to see if I can get some more Cisco
eyes on this.

--Homer Manila
Network Security Administrator
Office of Information Technology