CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Greg Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:09:50 -0500
We have struggled through this exact same problem.  It's not the "File
Exists" part of the check that is failing, it's the "File Version" part
that doesn't work.

Since we only have experienced a few of these devices in our student
dorms, we have a staff member manually create a "Dummy Keyfile" after
verifying that the user has the proper version of symantec installed and
running.  So our rule actually has an "OR" statement.  Fileversion of
RTVScan.exe = 10.x.xxx OR "Dummy Keyfile" exists.

Obviously this isn't the preferred method, but that is where we are stuck
for now.  I'd be more than happy to hear other suggestions ;)