CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:00:47 -0400
We are using Dell 1850's running on v4.1.0.  This is the same for both the
test environment and the production.  It worked fine in the test environment.

We just tried removing all vlan mapping and subnet management, shutting down
the untrusted interface, resetting the subnet management and mapping,
rebooted and then restarted the untrusted interface.  Still no difference.

If we manuualy set the client to the access vlan, it does get a DHCP address
correctly, it is only when it goes through the authentication vlan, through
the server via vlan mapping that it does not work.

We did not re-install the OS on the former In-band server, we just
reconfigured.  It had been a DHCP server before, but it shows as
pass-through DHCP, and has no dhcpd service running.

Thanks for your consideration to this problem.

-Bill
Colorado State University