CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Speight, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:41:52 -0500
Took all day and the help of two TAC engineers, but upgraded from 3.5.10
to 4.0.4. Wireless (4 machines) and Residence Hall (8 machines).

You may close this call, issues were:

CD-ROM not enabled for reboot in Bios.

Loose cable on CD-ROM prevented mounting of CD to run upgrade script.

Shared Secret not transferred, had to redo certificates and run perfigo
config. I "believe" if we had run perfigo config on the CAM and changed
the shared secret, nothing else would have been needed? After changing
the shared secret on the CAM, the remaining CAS machines came on-line
without regenerating those certificates. Appears shared secret was
transferred properly for the CAS upgrades, but not the CAM?

Interface really nice, the root and web login passwords transferred
properly.

Thanks, Howard