CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Moskwa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:56:31 -0500
At the start of school a Mac user came in to ask why they weren't being run
through CCA when using there MacBook. It turns out that he had gone through
CCA with the MAC OS running which captured his systems MAC. Then he would
re-boot into his Windows OS and would not even get snagged (this was with a
wireless connection , which we run through an in-line CAS). Same system MAC
regardless of OS. The only way his Windows OS would get caught would be if
he went on line running Windows after the weekly clearing of the certified
list.

Regards,
-Jim

Jim Moskwa