CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Flagg, Martin D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:04:22 -0400
I have had this problem for over a year and I think it is a bug.  We
check an Active Directory Attribute and if it exists we assign the user
to a specific role, otherwise if the rule fails and the user is assigned
to the default VLAN for that dorm via a VLAN matching rule.  We use this
in the dorms for full time staff that are in the dorms to give them
higher access.

The interesting thing is the user is put in the correct role (the IP
blocks apply), and if you find the user via a search you get

username  10.200.216.199  00:01:02:3D:40:xx Access based on Attribute 13
= Resident  VLANID  Windows XP  08/07/06 14:23:11

The problem is that:

You see in the Summary Page Online users Attribute 13 = Resident has
incremented the correct number of users, however on you click on it to
show who is online it shows no users online.

Anyone have any advice or has seen this.

Martin D. Flagg
Network Engineer/Administrator
Hiram College