CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:28:29 -0400
In 3.5.x the Network AUP worked like a non-enforced requirement, it
always showed them a message when they logged in.  As of 3.5.4 or so,
it was also broken, i.e. if you didn't click yes, it still let you on
the network.

Re: OP, you can create a Windows_All requirement that tests for "!
(AU_regIsWindows95 | AU_regIsWindows98 | AU_regIsWindowsMe)" that
will point users to a web page explaining why they are blocked.
The checks referenced there are Registry Value checks that check HKLM
\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Version starts with
"Windows 98"

HTH,

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator