CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:39:50 -0400
your source port should be *

From: 	"Coffman, Tobiah N." <[log in to unmask]>
To:	<[log in to unmask]>
Date: 	7/24/2007 11:30 AM
Subject: 	Restricting Protocols

We're looking to restrict certain protocols on our wireless network such
as telnet, ftp, etc for users who are not encrypting data.  I have setup
policies on that role that look like this:

Top of Form

Block

TCP

*:20

*:20

Bottom of Form

Top of Form

Block

TCP

*:21

*:21

Bottom of Form

For some reason, these policies don't seem to do anything.  Is there
something I'm missing with these?  They are located at the top of the
policy tree above Allowing All Access.

Thanks,