CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"King, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:05:26 -0400
 Just sending this here.....

If you reply, CC Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: Resnet Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kurt
Huenemann
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: how to renew CAS certificates?

Greetings from sweltering Ohio....

We have been running Clean Access for about a year, and it's now time to
renew our SSL certificates on the CAS pair for the first time (they
expire in 3 weeks).

The CAS administration guide has lots of information in chapter 12 about
doing the INITIAL certificate request and import, but it's not clear to
me how to do a RENEWAL.  We use Thawte, and when we generated and sent a
new CSR, they replied that it had already been used, and we needed to
generate a new one.  Something about Tomcat being different than regular
Apache and therefore not really renewable?

Do I need to generate a new temporary certificate before the CSR?  Won't
that break CCA for current users?

Thanks, in advance, for any clues about the certificate
renewal/replacement process.

Kurt

P.S.  We just upgraded smoothly from 3.5.8 to 4.0.2 on our HA-paired CAM
and CAS.  No show-stopping failures.  Yet.

Kurt Huenemann
Heidelberg College
Tiffin, Ohio
Office: 419-448-2351