CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joseph Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:41:27 -0500
I got an answer from Cisco and I was able to verify it. You can login
with the older client using the 3.4 server, but the check won't
function.

This opens a new can of worms since I'm wondering if this will not give
the students a real incentive to upgrade. How many will keep the old
client on and not know that it isn't working?

Joe

Do you mean the client or the server? I just took us up to 3.4, so far
so good,
but I was intending to start requiring Smart Enforcer when the semester
begins
next month...

--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
  www.ouuf.org, www.calfrye.com

   "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying?
If you
cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?" -- Shantideva.

William Doyle wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I installed 3.4 and it was buggy. Perfigo recommended waiting until
March