CLEANACCESS Archives

March 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"King, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:58:12 -0500
 Just wanted to give everyone an FYI so they don't repeat my Boneheaded
move here.

We're setting up a new CAM, and a few CAS's.  (New hardware/ new design,
etc)

So I put a subnet filter in of 10.0.0.0/8 to allow.  So people can get
on thru while I'm building the box out.

So I'm done building the box out.  I goto filters.  I see I can edit the
filter, so I click Edit.  (I was hoping to see some Enable / Disable
button)  It wasn't. So without exiting the edit screen, I see I can
click Delete, so I click it.

Here's where things went weird.  The filter deleted, and disappeared
from the list. (It was the only Item in the list)

However, the filter was still in effect.  (IE, I still had an allow
access, no matter what role I was or was not in)

So I put the filter back in (Exactly, same description as well) and
deleted it hoping it would "Fix" it.  No effect.

So, I put in a subnet filter of 10.0.0.0/8 to deny, and it immediately
took effect.  I no longer could get anywhere. (Again, no matter what
role I was in)

I deleted this new filter.  It remained in effect however, so I
continued to not be able to get anywhere.  I resolve to call TAC.  But I
reboot my CAS's first.

Everything is fine, all my role's work the way I would expect them.  :-/

Note: (In the interest of full disclosure, I do I have one CAS that is
NOT connected right now.  I'm wondering if the filters aren't being
updated because all my CAS's are not active.  I noticed a similar
behavior when I tried to update my CCA agent, via the clean update
button.  It failed to publish it because all the CAS were not up)