CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:37:39 -0400
We use the following:
windowsupdate.microsoft.com  	ends  	Microsoft Windows Update
download.windowsupdate.com 	ends 	Microsoft Windows Update
download.microsoft.com 	ends 	Microsoft Windows Update
www.microsoft.com 	equals 	Microsoft Windows Update
wustat.microsoft.com 	equals 	Microsoft Windows Update
crl.microsoft.com 	equals 	Microsoft Windows Update
c.microsoft.com 	equals 	Microsoft Windows Update
w2ksp4.microsoft.com 	equals 	Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com 	equals 	Symantec AntiVirus HTTP Update
liveupdate.symantec.com 	equals 	Symantec AntiVirus HTTP Update
update.symantec.com 	equals 	Symantec AntiVirus FTP Update
update.nai.com 	equals 	McAfee AntiVirus HTTP Update
ftp.nai.com 	equals 	McAfee AntiVirus FTP Update
grisoft.com 	ends 	AVG AntiVirus
grisoft.cz 	ends 	AVG AntiVirus
www.howtotell.com 	equals 	Legal Microsoft Software
security.symantec.com 	equals 	Symantec Live Scan
www.spreadfirefox.org 	equals 	Firefox Downloads
mozilla.org 	ends 	Firefox Downloads
mcafee.com 	ends 	McAfee AntiVirus HTTP Update
pccreg.antivirus.com 	equals 	Trend Micro Update
trendmicro.com 	ends 	Trend Micro Update
update.microsoft.com 	ends 	Microsoft Windows Update
activex.microsoft.com 	ends 	Microsoft Windows Update
codecs.microsoft.com 	ends 	Microsoft Windows Update

Don't forget to add the *New* Microsoft update

Update.microsoft.com

Would you mind posting the DNS rules you've figured out?