CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Hall, Rand" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:17:48 -0400
Reading the whole SNMP discussion makes me nervous. I hope Cisco doesn't
forget it's target market. I think most people who bought Perfigo/CCA
did so because they knew there were "open source" alternatives but
didn't have the personnel resources to implement/maintain them. I think
people were looking for turnkey solutions. I don't think most of us have
the desire nor inclination to want to poke, probe, and prod the box with
SNMP or APIs to get the box to do what we want.

Cheers,
Rand

Please STARTsafe and RUNsafe  -- www.merrimack.edu/runsafe
--
Rand P. Hall * Director, Network Services / Merrimack College * SunGard
* Collegis

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,