CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brian Beausoleil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:59:30 -0400
Every EA Sports game for PS2 has its own range of ports needed to work
correctly, along with EA's version of a buddy list.  It has become a
management nightmare to keep these ports open.  I began tracing students
gaming activity (with their permission of course) via firewall logs while
they play the game, or attempt to at least, so I can snag the domain the
requests are going to instead of the ports, thus opening access to those
domains only.  Obviously the ports you listed are opened, but for companies
like EA, I have been trying to use the domain method.  I have not had
complete success with this, but it is getting better.  I am also interested
in a list from anyone who has complete happiness from their PS2 community.