CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kurt Huenemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:58:28 -0400
At 11:45 AM 8/8/2006, Simon Bell wrote:
>I personally don't have a problem telling students we don't support a
>beta. While I understand the want/desire, I think I could make the
>argument to a parent explaining the challenges associated with
>supporting a beta product.

Agreed.

>To me, the bigger problem is with Table/2003/XP Media Edition PCs
>not going through any checks. It seems the added OS detection
>options shouldn't have been employed until we
>also had the ability to assign rules and checks to them.

Very strong agreement!  Among our early arrivals, about 20% are Media
PC's and therefore are skipping all the rules.

These Media Center PC's were "fine" last year and "not fine" this
year -- that's a hard story to sell!

Kurt

Kurt E. Huenemann '83
Assoc. Vice President for Information Resources
Asst. Professor of Computer Science
Heidelberg College
310 East Market Street
Tiffin, OH 44883