CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Diggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:13:05 -0400
I'm just about to change my Inband VG Clean Access (4.0.4) setup to use
the VLAN mapping feature. In the new setup, I will need to pass traffic
from both CAS network interfaces, through the same switch which
necessitates the need to map the untrusted VLAN to a new trusted VLAN.

Couple questions. On the MANAGED SUBNET tab there is a checkbox to "Enable
subnet-based VLAN retag" which at first I thought was needed. Based on the
documentation, this appears to serve a different purpose. Correct?

Are the only changes required on the CCA itself contained in the VLAN
MAPPING tab (i.e. specify an untrusted and trusted VLAN tag), and check
the 'Enable VLAN Mapping' box? Is there anything else required aside from
a correct switch configuration?

-Mike