CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cal Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:12:50 -0500
 YueFan Lam ventured to comment, at 1/3/07 9:52 PM:
> For instance, a student would have Spanish XP installed so that we
> should be able to find the file here:
>
> C:\Archivos de programa\Symantec Antivirus\rtvscan.exe
>
> Do you guys think that CCA might be looking for this instead?
>
> C:\Program Files\Symantec Antivirus\rtvscan.exe

well, the environment variable would be
%ProgramFiles%

This variable points to Program Files directory, the default is C:\Program
Files. In my version of CAM, 3.5.11, I have choices to search for files
located in systemroot, systemdrive, system32, and system_programs. Does the
latter reference the environment variable properly, or am I mistaken? I could
be, as we don't do much with the agent at all.

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

"Laughter is the sound that knowledge makes when it's born." -- The Cluetrain
Manifesto