CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:29:21 -0400
We had an odd problem over the weekend and I was curious if anyone else
had seen something like this. This morning when I was looking at the
syslog report I noticed we had received 300,000 events from the CAM
which is a bit more than usual (6-7000). So I did a little investigating
and discovered the following:

At 5:30am Saturday, both of my CAS's lost connectivity to the CAM a
couple of times for about 10min. At noon that day CAS1 started logging
"Perfigo: CleanAccessServer: has been disconnected". This occured  ~2200
times that day and ~3700 times the following day. As you might imagine,
that started reeking havoc. Users started getting stuck in "Unable to
ping, going to disconnect" loops. The odd thing is, we didn't get any
calls about this and we still had traffic flowing.

At first I didn't see the CAS disconnect errors so I thought the CAM
was the problem and ran "service perfigo restart." Strangely that seems
to have corrected the problem.

Simon