CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cat Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 17:04:01 -0600
Hi there,

I was reading the list archives and it claims you can't use IPSCA certs due to something about them only being SSL server and not having SSL client abilities too. Does this mean I will have to leave wild card certs on the servers when I do the upgrade? The only certs our university has paid for our digicert wildcard certs, and wildcard certs don't work I know.

So can I use the IPSCA certs? Or will there be major problems? Is there a problem if I have to leave wildcard certs on for now? Will all students start seeing cert errors after break if this happens? Are there other free alternatives I can do instead if IPSCA won't work?

Please advise, planning to do the upgrade on either Monday or Tuesday of next week since the campus will be closed and students will not be here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cat Hoffman
Network Administrator
Office of Information Technology