CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:09:30 -0700
Cal,

I want to first address the "bug" part of the email.  I will respond to
the feature request part later, if you don't mind.

Does the Guest Role have a session timer?  If so, is it enabled?  Are
you indicating that with a session timer of 24 hours, the user was not
logged out?  Also, does the Guest role have either network scanning or
agent based requirements configured?  Or are you only doing tracking for
guest users?

Btw, even if you have a session timer of 24 hours for a guest, they will
be logged out but they will be able to log back in unless the guest
account is being sourced from a backend authentication server where the
guest account is disabled after 24 hours such that the account fails
authentication.

I might have misunderstood some things in your email.  Also, if you wish
to continue the discussion offline or provide more details about your
installation, you know my email address.

Regards,
-Rajesh.