CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cat Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:21:46 -0600
Hi there folks,

I am in the process of prepping a new box to replace our current NAT Gateway OOB server. The new box is going to be running Real-IP OOB since every time I've called Cisco for other issues, they always reminded me that NAT Gateway OOB isn't officially supported.

So my question is, is there anything I need to change when I copy the configurations over? I've already got the new server linked to the CAM, just otherwise not doing anything. I assume if I unplug the untrusted ethernet port, I could probably configure it and it wouldn't try to take over the existing working NAT server yet, though if I have to I can just wait until my outtage day next week when the students are totally gone (which is what I'm currently planning to do).

Right now the CCA DHCP server on the NAT gateway hands out 10. internal addresses on the temporary vlan, and then when they get passed over to the good vlan, the actual core sends them off to talk to our normal DHCP server and they get their public IP's from that. Will this still happen with Real-IP set up? I checked the NAT pages on the CAS that is currently in use and nothing NAT specific was set up in there.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cat Hoffman