CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:05:13 -0400
Jeff,

In order to save and reuse the current configuration, the upgrade to
new hardware and new software needs to be a two-step process.
Option 1: upgrade CCA on the current hardware, install CCA from
scratch on the new hardware, backup the configuration on the old
hardware, then restore the configuration on the new hardware.
Option 2: use Ghost or Ghost 4 Linux to migrate CCA to the new
hardware, then upgrade CCA on the new hardware.

Either way, be _very_ careful about having duplicate managers or
servers on the network at the same time.  Bad things will happen.  We
typically replicate our production network to our test network by
backing up the configuration, editing the backup files to change IP
addresses, remove the servers, etc. and then restore the modified
configuration on the test manager.

I would recommend that you contact TAC about this and get their
opinion as well.  In the end, depending on your configuration, it may
be easier to recreate everything.

Per the licenses, you need to talk to TAC.

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator
The American University