CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Lanstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:56:10 -0400
After speaking with TAC, it turns out that once the user is logged in
and passes posture assessment(in VG OOB), they can not then interact
with the CAS.  This does, in fact, mean that once a user is logged in,
they cannot be logged out (without you bouncing the port or kicking them
off).  It does make troubleshooting a bit more difficult, but it's nice
to know that it was set up right and the behavior we were seeing was
expected.

RE: the reports issue - the reports turned out to be generated on either
a) logout from the quarantine role, or b) when they pass posture
assessment.  Our issue was that they would log in and fail the checks,
the report wasnt getting generated right away.  One of the other list
members here told us that if you hit "cancel" on the quarantine screen,
they will be logged out of the authentication vlan, and the report would
be generated.  That was very helpful - thanks!

It would still be useful for us, at least for our users, to see what
they fail on so that they can attempt to install the patches by hand.
We were also having an issue where we wanted to tell the web logon users
(ie mac, linux, etc) that they were "successfully logged on", but alas
that seems not to be possible in VG OOB, as they cannot interact with
the CAS anymore.

Other than that, things are running smoothly

ACL