CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jason Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:48:13 -0500
We upgraded to CAS/CAM 3.5.5 and agent 3.5.8 today - our Cisco support
guy wasn't ready to give us the green light on 3.5.6 yet, but it would
have been nice to have to avoid the automatic update to 3.5.8 (we
originally intended to go to agent 3.5.7 instead of 3.5.8 but tripped
over the same kind of issue that Mike reported).  I haven't seen anyone
post about troubles with 3.5.8 yet so I'm hoping that no news is good
news.  We did the upgrade in order to deal with the L3 multi-hop issue -
students were avoiding CCA by running their PCs behind routers in the
Res Halls.   I'll report back if we have any trouble.

Thanks,

---
Jason Richardson
Manager, IT Security and Client Development
Enterprise Systems Support
Northern Illinois University

>>> [log in to unmask] 9/30/2005 12:34 PM >>>
How'd your 3.5.6 upgrade go? I thought I remembered you saying unless
the wheels fell off you were gonna change until the holidays. Did you
choose the upgrade due to the ability to disable the CCAA upgrade
option?

Simon

>>> [log in to unmask] 9/30/2005 12:42 PM >>>
FYI for people with failover servers....

The check for CCAA updates option is not published between CAM's.

Good news, we know that our failover works.  Bad news, I was caught
completely flatfooted when I was asked why people were upgrading to
3.5.8

I'm opening a TAC case on this....

Mike