CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Russ Hearn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:55:53 -0700
Hi Jeff,

    Your best bet would be to:

1. Upgrade your existing CAM to 4.1.1 and take a database backup which
will include all those settings
2. Open a case with [log in to unmask] when you have the new Eth0 MAC
address of the CAM you're migrating to get a new license.
3. Export the SSL certs from the CAM and CAS (including the private
keys) if they are from a certificate authority. If they are self-signed,
you may as well just re-generate them.
4. Setup the new CAM and CAS with the same addressing and CCA version.
Import the certificates and upload the database backup to the new CAM.

Hope this helps,
-Russ