CLEANACCESS Archives

March 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Truelove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:12:42 -0500
Under normal circumstances that would be the easiest but.....

I have been directed that these laptops (600 - 800) are not to see any
hint of the "CCA experience".
They are not to seeing any agent or login screens. They should be able
to turn on the laptops and connect to the wireless.

What makes this even more frustrating is that I have to enter the
wired/wireless MACs (thats were the almost 2000 comes from) and then try
to link it to a person incase we have problems later on.  Alot of extra
work.

Thanks for the suggestion..

John

John Truelove
OIT Network Engineer - CCNP
Indiana State University
210 N 7th Street, Rankin Rm 54
Terre Haute, IN 47809
812-237-4921
>>> [log in to unmask] 03/04/06 2:49 PM >>>
If you are going to be doing 2000 people, it sounds as if it would be
easier
to manage if you do it by login name from an ldap server with a property
that is mapped to a specific role that doesn't do the checking. You can
do
multiple rules. if their laptop login properties is set and they are
coming
from a vlan where laptops are used, then put then in the no-checking
role.

IMHO,

Tim