CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Koss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 16:50:07 -0400
Spoke with George before and after last night's Athens show (which ROCKED!
by the way for nearly 2 hours) and he got a good chuckle about doing
children's music, HOWEVER, he said that he was having serious thoughts of
doing a Holiday album with possibly six classic type of songs and six
original songs.  He said he already has some songs written.

As far as the Greenville show Thursday night, the band played excellent as
usual, but the crowd was small and just was not into the show.  The club
placed little cocktail tables and chairs in front of the stage, almost
suggesting that people sit.  The band played for about an hour and a half
despite the "calm" reception.

The Athens show was a different story as one may expect.  The crowd was
definitely more into it.  I don't have the set lists, but roughly half of
both shows were from Still Life.

Enjoyed meeting those of you from the list who I saw at the shows.

Michael