CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 16:52:42 -0500
On Sep 22,  5:40pm, Bridgett Tarazona wrote:
> Subject: Connells Shows
>
> 2. in
> Belmont, NC at Belmont Abbey College (1992), they covered Amy (I'm not
> really sure who does this song but its sort of country and twangy heard on
> the radio in the south every 45min.)

The song is "Aimee", and it was done by the Pure Prairie League back in
about 1972.  I can't remember the lead singer's name -- Craig something --
but he went on years later (1987) to become the lead vocalist for the
re-formed Little Feat, and did about 3 albums with them before bowing
out again.  I'm sorry, too much information again.

So The Connells covered "Aimee", huh?  Now, that would be interesting.
I'm not really a country fan, but I've always liked that song.

> P.S. long story short since we have
> seen them beaucoup times we were wondering if anyone else had seen them do
> cover songs, besides what they did before Darker Days.  Just wondering,
> share if your so inclined.

There were a bunch of covers on those tape tree recordings we did a few
months ago.  "Let Me Roll It,"  "Play With Fire,"  "Eighteen,"  and
"Wanted Dead or Alive."  The second one is a Stones tune, and of course,
Jon Hairspray Bon Jovi did the last.

--Steve