CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dean Money <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 19:53:14 -0400
Well, I've been on here awhile, but I'll reintroduce myself...

I first saw the Connells on the 'One Simple Word' tour at Auburn
University, where I did my undergrad work (Alicia, can you get
me Bama tickets? ;), then saw them twice on the 'Ring' tour, once
at Miami of Ohio (Thanks for the pass, Art.  Meeting the band
was a lot of fun), and once in Columbus, Ohio (did grad school at
OSU).  I'm in Atlanta now, and will try to see them in Athens in
a couple of weeks (Any advice on how to obtain tickets to the show
at the 40 Watt Club?  It's a long drive, and I'd hate to show up at
a sold-out show).

My favorite album:  'Boylan Heights'
Favorite song:      'Waiting my Turn'

The Connells are the only band I've seen 3 times.  Other concerts
I've seen:  Bob Dylan (last week, great show), the BoDeans,
Crowded House, School of Fish, TMBG (twice), the Cult, Sinead
O'Connor, Victoria Williams, Violent Femmes, John Wesley Harding,
AC/DC (hey, I was in the mood for something different), Neil
Young, Social Distortion, Sonic Youth, Stanley Jordan (free
concert at Auburn), Prince ('84, a loooong time ago)...

Nice meeting everybody.  Now where's that #&@! George Huntley
album?!!!!!

Dean.