CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:09:34 -0700
Hi all!

   I'm 28, and have been on this list for about a year, give or take
some.  I first saw the Connells in 1989 when they opened for the
HooDoo Gurus, at the University of Kentucky.  I remember three things
from that show:
   1.  God, I love this band!
   2.  the song "Sal"--I thought it was about a clown (hey, I'd never
heard *anything* by the band before, live or recorded!)
   3.  Doug's onstage antics  (oh, was he ever crazy then!)

As for upcoming shows, I'll definitely be in Cincinnati and
Louisville, and almost definitely in Chicago and Chattanooga.  Anyone
else?  I look forward to meeting others on this list.  Jack L., you
owe me a round at Bogarts, so you better show!  Your wife won't mind,
really--she just wants you to be happy (I'm a wife, too, so I know
this to be true!)  Is anyone going to the Nashville show?  Dede,
didn't you say you love Nashville?  I know you want to drive to that
one!  My husband won't be able to make it to that one, so I need to
meet up with someone there--I love the Connells, but I won't go to a
show all by my lonesome!

By the way, 1500 miles (or more!) on my car from last weekend and
counting!  Oh, well--maybe I'll get that Mitsubishi Eclipse after all,
if I keep driving to all these shows!

Later,

Tracey