CONNELLS Archives

January 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Schillinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 10:27:39 -0500

> I'm sure lots of people on this list think I'm full of it. Here...I'll
> prove it...
>
>       *** KANSAS WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS OF ALL TIME !!! ***
>
> There. If that doesn't generate some backlash, I don't know y'all. Go
> ahead -- let me have it. I don't care.

Cool.  Another Kansas fan.  Now, I wouldn't pay money to go see them
nowadays, but back when they were cool, they were cool.  Their
arrangements and instrumentation was awesome.

And remember, the Connells admit that they're Jethro Tull fans, another
awesome 70s big time band.  So, the lesson is, classic rock is cool,
don't diss it just because it's old.  The same goes for Don Henley.  I
don't care for most of his newer stuff (though I do have 2 of his solo
records), I think The Eagles were awesome, in their day.  Hotel
California is one of my "desert island albums."

Well, I'm kind of rambling, but that's cool.  I'm excited because I found
out that both Buffalo Tom and Oasis are coming to town in the coming
weeks, and I already have tix for Aimee Mann.  Good shows!  Good shows!
And i just got a promotion at work.  Wheee!

- Steve

             Steve Schillinger: Graduate...Patriot...Texan
Support your Local Leagues!  Vote NO on Inter-League play!
Student Assistant Manager                               4409 Yuma Street, NW
The Anderson Computing Center                          Washington, DC  20016
American University                                           (202) 363-6126
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20016                   email: [log in to unmask]
(202) 885-6034                         http://cage.cas.american.edu/~steves/
"[n]o man can cause more grief than that one clinging
 blindly to the vices of his ancestors."
     - William Faulkner, _Intruder in the Dust_