CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Vanessa Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:47:00 -0400
> This started me thinking:  ya'll would not believe the number of
> people I know who are die-hard 'Nells fans whose spouse/significant
> other *hates* the band.  What is up with that?  Being unattached
> myself, I have no clue as to what drives such behaviours.  Any ideas?

My boyfriend really just doesn't like the Connells (then again, he
didn't even know what Sgt. Pepper was until he met me).  The first two
songs he heard by them were Get a Gun and Curly's Train.  Needless to
say, he branded them as a hick band (a recent vacation on the Outer
Banks with a bunch of drunken North Carolinians didn't do much for his
perception of the NC music scene either).  We saw them at the 9:30 Club
and that brought him around, sort of.  I still drag him to shows
anyway.  (He doesn't *have* a choice!)

He's clueless.  (I still love him anyway.)

Vanessa