CONNELLS Archives

May 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Colin Law <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 12:20:09 -0600
I'd like to make a comment about this tribute project before this all gets
a little too ridiculous.

I have no idea why everyone is so intent on getting some sort of approval
from the Connells management about this thing.  why would they care what we
did?  we aren't going to be selling it anywhere, even to one another.  its
my belief that the cost should simply be the cost of production and postage
- about $8.  nobody should get any compensation for it whatsoever, least of
all the people contributing songs.  the whole thing is supposed to be for
fun and for list members.  I imagine someone on the list will eventually
give a copy to the band, but so what.  I guarantee they'll get a kick out
of it.

so anyway, forget this legal mumbo jumbo and if you have a song to
contribute...get it to Kimberly.  the sooner the songs roll in, the sooner
everyone can enjoy, laugh at, criticize, and applaud them.

colin

Colin Law                |         "They say that dreams always end"
[log in to unmask]    |                           - Ian Curtis
http://slashmc.rice.edu/ |              "Dreams never end..."
Dept of Space Physics    |                           - New Order
Rice University          |             visit my CEREMONY web site
713-527-8750 x3644       |  http://slashmc.rice.edu/ceremony/ceremony.html