CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 09:39:00 -0400
Craig Leska <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I know what you mean, Dan.  I'm stuck in northwest OH, not exactly a
>hotbed of Connell activity.  I hope that they swing by Cleveland or
>Detroit...

I'd hold out for Cleveland if I were you. When I was talking to them at the
State College show, I mentioned that I'd seen them at St. Andrew's Hall in
Detroit, where there were about 50 people, if that, at the show. They said
that of all the major cities, Detroit was the one where they just couldn't
get any support, and of 4 or 5 times they tried to book shows there, there
was only the one show, the one I was at. Though times may be changing - if
you can pick up the River 93.9 or maybe 89X from Detroit (since I know
their signals pick up in an amazingly large region of Ohio) maybe they're
playing the new stuff, I don't know (I haven't been back to Michigan since
June).

pax,
Sarah